Drug Trafficking Attorneys in Jacksonville
Aggressive Defense for Serious Criminal Charges
Drug trafficking is one of the most serious types of drug crimes under Florida state law. The crime of drug trafficking involves the illegal and intentional possession, manufacturing, delivery, transportation, sale, or purchase of illicit substances. These illicit substances include marijuana, cocaine, opioids (such as heroin or fentanyl), ecstasy, LSD, methamphetamine, and more.
If you are charged with drug trafficking, you need to act quickly to secure qualified legal counsel. A conviction for drug trafficking nearly always comes with minimum mandatory prison sentences, in addition to other penalties, such as steep fines. At Monroe & King, P.A., we know what you are up against and we know how to mount a swift and solid defense aimed at protecting your rights, your freedom, and your future.
Arrested for drug trafficking in Duval, Clay, Nassau, or St. Johns counties? Contact Monroe & King, P.A. now at (904) 474-3115 for a complimentary case evaluation with our award-winning legal team.
Minimum Mandatory Prison Terms for Drug Trafficking in Florida
Due to a high volume of drug crimes in the state, Florida has introduced harsh penalties for those convicted of drug trafficking. One of these penalties is a minimum mandatory prison sentence. This sentence varies, depending on the type and amount of drug allegedly being trafficked but, in nearly every case, it is no less than three years in state prison.
Some examples of common mandatory minimum prison sentences for drug trafficking in Florida include:
- 3 years in prison and up to $25,000 in fines for trafficking 25 pounds or more of marijuana or 300 or more plants
- 3 years in prison and up to $50,000 in fines for trafficking 28 to 199 grams of cocaine, 14 to 27 grams of amphetamine, 1 to 4 grams of LSD, or 4 to 13 grams of oxycodone, hydrocodone, morphine, or opium
- 7 years in prison and up to $50,000 in fines for trafficking 2,000 or more pounds of marijuana or 2,000 or more plants
- 7 years in prison and up to $100,000 in fines for trafficking 200 to 399 grams of cocaine, 28 to 199 grams of amphetamine, or 5 to 6 grams of LSD
- 15 years in prison and up to $200,000 in fines for trafficking 10,000 pounds or more of marijuana or 10,000 or more plants
- 15 years in prison and up to $250,000 in fines for trafficking 400 grams to 149 kilograms of cocaine
- 25 years in prison and up to $500,000 in fines for trafficking 28 to 29 grams of oxycodone, hydrocodone, morphine, or opium
This list is not exhaustive; other amounts of the above-mentioned substances, as well as the trafficking of other types of illicit substances, will result in different (and, in some cases, longer) mandatory minimum prison sentences and fines.
You Need an Experienced Attorney on Your Side
Because the state of Florida takes drug trafficking charges so seriously, a conviction—or even a guilty plea—could land you in prison for years or even the remainder of your life. We cannot stress enough how important it is that you contact our firm as soon as possible to discuss your situation with our Jacksonville drug trafficking defense attorneys.
Call our office now at (904) 474-3115 for a complimentary, confidential case evaluation.
Providing Clients with Exceptional Representation Paired with Personalized Attention
A Boutique-Style Law Firm with an Intentionally Small Case-Load
Available for All Your Legal Needs Day or Night, 365 Days a Year
Experienced Trial Attorneys Ready to Handle Any Criminal Case in State or Federal Court